[Asterisk-Users] 7970 SIP Firmware; SIP 8.2 for 7940/7960

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Mar 22 22:18:13 MST 2006

I'm not exactly sure the link to get to it, but I know the SIP firmware is
located in the NON-SIP firmware section on cisco's site... It's a few
links under the SCCP version.

The SIP version firmware for the 7970 SUCKS as far as I can tell (what we
tried anyway... ended up setting it up using sccp on asterisk, although I
wasn't too happy about it).  As for the 7940 and 7960, it causes more
problems than it fixes, since it's more CCM centric than previous versions
of the SIP firmware.  The main thing is calls from other proxies show up
with the server address, and on more than one occasion, audio just didn't
work when the call wasn't coming from the same server as the phone.

Personally, we're sticking with 7.4 cause it works like a charm, and I
don't think we'll be going anywhere else until cisco uncripples their
firmwares for SIP.

Aaron