[Asterisk-Users] best CENTOS to use for latest asterisk

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Mar 22 14:45:53 MST 2006

I am intending to rebuild our asterisk server on a Dell 2800 with Dual CPUs.
I am currently using Centos release 3.5 (Final) with the 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp Kernel on a Dell 1750.
I have a TE410P (Quad PRI) card and a TDM card.

I remember that there were issues with the 2.6 Kernel, but Iam sure that it was with the older asterisk builds.

Also, the new server has the X64 intel CPUs, so I would like to use the 64bit Kernel if it is not a problem for asterisk.

Has anyone built a stable server with 64bit Centos?
If so, which Kernel?
If not, which Kernel for 32bit?

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of having a better past.