[Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

Wed Mar 22 14:03:48 MST 2006

mustardman29 wrote:
> I might as well jump in.  I am not clear on what the problem is but whether
> it's a problem on something that needs to be done frequently or infrequently
> or perhaps can be avoided with little effort, it's still a problem.
>
> Your argument is more like the classic "it's not a bug, it's a feature".

Well, I'll jump in too...

If I had to 'reload' my postfix server, or my dovecot server, or my
samba server all the time, I'd be wondering what the heck is the PROBLEM
that is causing me to have to constantly reload (or restart) them.

I agree that if there IS a problem with Asterisk that causes one to have
to reload it often simply when making normal day-to-day changes (adding
phones/users, etc), then I would certainly call that an Asterisk
problem, but from what I've read, I don't think that is the case.

Still, I'm new, and haven't even installed Asterisk yet - I'm not a
'phone' guy, and I've been driving my phone guy crazy trying to get him
to start playing with it, so that we can start replacing our current
system with it and some Polycom phones

Charles.