[Asterisk-Users] Can this box handle 8 T1s (PSTN) with Asterisk?

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Wed Mar 22 11:57:04 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am handed a project to setup *. The requirement is that it can handle
8 T1s. Half of the calls coming into the system will be routed to SIP
extensions (with transcoding).  The machine we have in our disposal is a
new dual Xeon 3.2gHz server with 2g of ram and an dual 1000mb nic. Voice
will be coming in from the PSTN (through 2 quad digium cards) in
g711ulaw, and most of the time will be doing IVR with dtmf detection.
Half of the calls will eventurally got routed to sip extensions and the
requirement calls for keeping the bandwidth to a minimum; so we force
all the sip extensions to only use g729. Is this machine capable of
meeting the requirement? Thnx.