[Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 22 10:45:59 MST 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 11:34, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> First thing that comes to mind, what if we decided to change a non user
> setting in sip.conf?

You're reaching.  You said you NEED to reload all the time, that this is a
MAJOR issue, a deal breaker.  So surely you must have experienced this
downtime to be so sensitive to it.  What did you do on your PRODUCTION system
that required constant reloads to cause the current behavior to be such a big
problem?

Honestly; if you're changing a non-user setting in sip.conf you're going to do
that very, very infrequently, and you'd do it during a low volume time.

You said this is a major problem.  I'm calling you on it.  I'm interested in
making Asterisk robust and highly-available too, but I'm not making up
scenarios in order to launch complaints and verbal assaults against the
project in order to feed my inflated ego and try to get things done "my way."

If you have a specific problem, let's hear it.

-A.