[Asterisk-Users] call drops after one ring

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Wed Mar 22 09:39:46 MST 2006

I'm trying to make a call through 2 asterisk servers, and the call
simply hangs up after one ring.
The path is like this:
ATA1 - (SIP) - server1 - (IAX) - server2 - (SIP) - ATA2

The two ATAs are registered to their respective asterisk servers and can
make and recieve calls to local extensions and call out via IAX to our
provider.  But for some reason I can't call one from the other.

all I have in IAX.conf in both cases is something like this:

[theOtherServer]
type=friend
context=default
allow=all
host=1.2.3.4
qualify=yes

in extensions.conf on server1 under the default context I have:
exten => 103,1,Dial(IAX2/theOtherServer/${EXTEN})

on server2 I have:
exten => 103,1,Dial(SIP/ATA2)

when I call 103 from ATA1, ATA2 rings exactly one time and the call
disconnects.  Is there something additional I need to make this work?