[Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 22 08:54:46 MST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 18:12, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> I had to drop realtime with sip users. If you do a reload or a restart, you
> lose all the sip peer information (even with rtcachefriends=yes). That just
> wasn't acceptable for us.

I just spoke to oej about this on IRC.

The only time this stuff's cleared is when you issue a reload (specifically a
sip reload).

Now I have to ask you this: **WHY** are you reloading on a production system,
*especially* one using realtime?  Can you explain why this is so necessary?
You are very keen on placing blame and saying how much of a requirement
absolute high availability is for you, but then you talk about having to
reload constantly.  Why are all these reloads necessary?

-A.