[Asterisk-Users] ADT/Brinks alarm dialing through Asterisk

asterisk at totemspace.com asterisk at totemspace.com
Wed Mar 22 06:57:55 MST 2006

A secondary issue may be insurance. In a domestic situation, if you receive a discount for having an alarm installed, you may find that the insurance discount is only valid if the alarm is installed over POTS, and usually by hardwiring.

This is for actuarial reasons, that is to say the premiums are based on the reliability of POTS. Any rerouting of alarm over VOIP could invalidate your insurance leaving you uninsured!

Cheers

Rajiv