[Asterisk-Users] Polycom hand/head set echo and Zapata config

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Tue Mar 21 22:21:39 MST 2006

Kevin, try lowering the gains on heads and handset directly on sip.cfg or
macaddress.cfg for each polycom phone.

If you want to change it for all, modify directly on sip.cfg on the ftp site
where the phones grab their configs from each time they boot, the setting to
check is:

voice.gain.rx.digital.handset="-9"
voice.gain.rx.digital.headset="-21"
voice.gain.rx.digital.chassis="-9"

Try using -X numbers

You can also try playing around with AGC (automatic gain control) AES
(automatic echo suppresion) and AEC (automatic echo cancellation)
Just change enable to 1 without chaning the parameters, see how it goes.

Hope this helps.