[Asterisk-Users] Programming the Manager API

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Mar 21 21:51:10 MST 2006

I just started poking around with writing a python module to interface to the Manager API, and it suddenly hit me... how the heck are you supposed to program this thing?

All the events seem to be dumped to all the open connections. If I send a command, such as a login, there seems to me to be no way to determine which response are intended for me, and which may be intended for another open session. There's no reference number, or anything which indicates who events are for. This would seem to make it pretty much impossible to program.... at all.

Anyone done this???

Doug.