[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 issue with calls transfered between systems.

Jason Bachman jason at bachman.cc
Tue Mar 21 21:02:58 MST 2006

I have an issue with IAX2 trunking between two Asterisk systems.

Here is the senerio:
A call comes into SYSTEM_A on any channel, and it is transfered to
SYSTEM_B over IAX.
SYSTEM_B then transfers the call back to SYSTEM_A via IAX.
The problem is that there are now 2 IAX channels open between the two
machines for a call that originated in SYSTEM_A and is now transfered
back to SYSTEM_A.

Is there some sort of magic that IAX can send some sort of singnaling
that the call was transfered back to the originating host, and drop the
channel between the two systems?

Having the multiple channels is unnecessarily consuming bandwidth, and
causing the audio quaility to degrade.

I have tried trunk=yes and notransfer=no in iax.conf.

I am running Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r13964M on both machines.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Jason