[Asterisk-Users] Cannot leave voicemail, Asterisk/Zaptel/libpi v1.0.9

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Tue Mar 21 20:32:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm running two boxes side by side, identical specs and setup but with differing
dialplans. Both are on ast/zap/libpri versions 1.0.9. Both boxes share the same
folder for voicemail, exported via NFS from another file server.

Everything was working fine for an extended period of time, until just recently
when someone rebooted Box A. Now when I dial an extension associated with a SIP
phone connected to Box A, upon leaving voicemail I get in the following:

     -- x=0, open writing: /mnt/nfs/123/INBOX/msg0004 format: wav49, (nil)
Mar 21 17:28:18 WARNING[8576]: app.c:706 ast_play_and_record: Error creating
writestream '/mnt/nfs/123/INBOX/msg0004', format 'wav49'
Mar 21 17:28:18 WARNING[8576]: app_voicemail.c:787 base_encode: Failed to open
log file: /mnt/nfs/123/INBOX/msg0004.wav: No such file or directory
     -- Executing Hangup("Zap/5-1", "") in new stack

Browsing through previous posts and other resources led me to believe there was
a permissions problem on the shared folder. As an extreme measure for testing
purposes I've chmoded 777 the /mnt/nfs directory and all its contents, but the
same problem persists. From Box A, I can also create new files etc in that
exported directory from the command line, so I think permissions may not be the
issue here.

I've tried saving it in different formats - wav49, gsm, wav -- but problem still
persists.

Even stranger, while msg0004.wav is not saved msg0004.txt _is_ created in that
directory!

Box B can leave voicemail in the same directory without any problems, here's
what I get when I reroute a call for extension 123 to Box B:

     -- Recording the message
     -- x=0, open writing: /mnt/nfs/123/INBOX/msg0004 format: wav49, 0x9fb5490
     -- User hung up

Any clues as to what may be the problem here? Could it be on Box A it's coming
up with " .... format: wav, (nil)" while on Box B it says ".... format: wav49,
0x9fb5490" ? Can anyone tell me what this might mean?

Thanks in advance,
Flynn