[Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Tue Mar 21 16:05:47 MST 2006

> Message: 16
> Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:51:29 -0300
> From: "Frederic Jean" <fjean at sunnetgroup.net>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I am just asking this because I am note sure if the problem
> is on my side or not, I saw some comments on SIP realtime
> today so I was wondering, has anybody has SIP realtime working
> with a softfone ?
>
> If yes, please confirm, that would give me a light.
> My previous message to the list is below.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Frederic

Yes,

I have realtime working with SIP Cisco and Polycom hard phones, and DIAX Softphones for IAX (pretty much same config as SIP.  Sip and Iax realtime works fine for me, backing into a MySQL database.  If the softphone is giving you a problem, try another sofphone, there are a lot if free ones to try.  There is no reason why a soft phone would not work and a hard phone would work, except configuration or SIP stack implementation on the soft phone.

JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses