[Asterisk-Users] Realtime / SIP Peers etc

pdhales at optusnet.com.au pdhales at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 21 14:40:01 MST 2006

User - sends you calls
Peer - you send calls
Friend - Both ways

later,

Paul Hales
Technical Manager
AsteriskIT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Douglas Garstang
  Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:07 AM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime / SIP Peers etc

  Ready to scream here..

  1. After 6 months with Asterisk I'm STILL trying to understand the difference between a SIP user, friend and peer.
  2. Exactly what resource does Asterisk use to send MWI to registered phones? I thought it was astdb?
  3. It looks like it isn't astdb. It looks like it will only send MWI to a phone if it shows up in 'sip show peers'.
  4. WHY then does a reload clear this list? Doesn't this list come from the astdb file?
  5. Why is this such a damn mess?

  Doug.