[Asterisk-Users] Blind Transfer / Ring Groups Problem

Martin Keding mkeding at ratrivertech.ca
Tue Mar 21 13:09:16 MST 2006

Greetings

I was using a Asterisk system runnning version 1.0.7 and have just build
a new box with version 1.2.5. I have come across a problem however that
did not exist before.

Setup:
    5 Polycom SIP phones
    2 PSTN lines into a TDM400 card
    Calls come into a call group#200 (2 phones)
    Then, whoever answers, transfers the call (regular transfer or blind
transfer)
    This worked fine before

Problem
    Call comes into call group
    Person answers and then then transfers
    1) Regular transfer works fine
    2) Blind Transfer rings the transfered extension PLUS the call group
again. 3 phones ring.

    If I call another extension and that person does a blind transfer,
it also works fine. The only situation is when the originating call is
to a call group. It does not matter if the call comes from the PSTN or
an internal phone.

>From debug, it appears that the variables sent to the dialparties.agi
(methodology and extension map) are not reset to the one extension being
transferred to. Instead, they keep the values from the original call.

Anyone run into this and is there a fix.

Thanks
Martin