[Asterisk-Users] Realtime SIP Persistency

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Mar 21 11:31:29 MST 2006

I've been using realtime for sip users information.

I noticed that when you are doing this, if you do a 'reload' or restart asterisk, the information in a 'sip show peers' goes away. When I do this, MWI stops working. I always though MWI used the astdb file ('database show') to determine where to send MWI but it must be using 'sip show peers' because when this is cleared, it stops working.

When I stop using realtime and instead provision users in sip.conf, a reload or restart DOES NOT clear 'sip show peers'. It must be populating this list from the astdb file in that case.

I'm going to scoot over to bugs.digium.com and report this as a bug, because this is a real show stopper, and completely nullifies Realtime's use for us.

Doug