[Asterisk-Users] WiFi phones and WDS (Wireless Distribution System)

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Tue Mar 21 10:17:30 MST 2006

Hi,

I use the Zyxel  P-2000W v2 wireless VOIP phones with Zyxel G-1000
access points and the hand off calls fairly smoothly using a port for
the hand off and using WEP security (the Zyxel is not capable of WPA
security  yet). I  understand that people have problems with some
manufactures access points not handling the hand off very well due to
latency issues. I can not remember the article but I believe Network
World or a similar rag did hand off tests and found the Zyxel to be one
of the best at the time.

Thanks