[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users Mailing List Traffic

Tue Mar 21 10:03:38 MST 2006

> Whether or not a forum is a better idea isn't really depending on the
> subject matter IMHO. Its success or failure depends on what the
> prospective participants like better. I personally cannot stand forums.
> That's a place where I have to expend energy to go there and manually
> click through stuff. If I remember to go there and say up to date, that
> is. Email comes to me, and is sorted suitably on the server side so
> there is no clutter. Deleting messages I don't care about is much easier
> than clicking myself through some thread on a forum.

You never heard of a forum that sends new posts to you via email?

I prefer forums where I can subscribe to the forum topics that interest
me, and see only posts for those topics - yes, in my email.

Then each message from the forum should have links to the CENTRALIZED
FAQs (I understand there are a lot of different forums/faq's out there).

That said, I seem to be in the minority in preferring forums for supprt
related things like this - especially high volume stuff - so I'll just
pipe down now...

:)

--

Best regards,