[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk in the E1/R2 digital compelled enviroment

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Mar 21 09:32:31 MST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:18:20 +0800, Ganbaa wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use Asterisk in the E1/R2 digital compelled enviroment. Which card is better TE210P Dual T1/E1 card or Sangoma A102U Dual T1/E1? I heard Asterisk's Unicall add-on can support R2 signalling. But I dont have no idea. Would you give me advice?

    Unicall works well enough with Asterisk but you will find a couple things that are hard to get around.  FIrst you must test the local variant of R2, right now Unicall supports around 10 to 15 variants.  I hava only used Digium cards so I do not know if Sangoma makes a real difference.  A friend of mine says they are better, but I do not have any evidence of that.

    To install Unicall just follow the instructions in http://www.soft-switch.org/unicall/installing-mfcr2.html and you should be able to compile Asterisk with all the extras.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología