[Asterisk-Users] Problem with chan_iax.c implimentation causesbad audio?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Mar 21 08:21:28 MST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 09:47, Adam Robins wrote:
> We have three remote call center Asterisk servers communicating with two
> central Asterisk boxes over a private IP-VPN with QoS.  All systems were
> running Asterisk 1.0.7 communicating via IAX2 with little or no quality
> issues at all.
>
> Once we upgraded to Asterisk 1.2.4 call quality with IAX2 was horrific.
> We tried with/without jitterbuffer.  We messed with every jitterbuffer
> parameter.  We tried G729/ilbc/ulaw.  It was a total mess.

Did you upgrade all three boxes?  Did you try disabling trunking?  What was
your "last mile" solution?  (i.e. what did the end-users speak into, and how
did their calls get to the PSTN?)  If it was to a far-end Asterisk box, what
version where they running?  Were you communicating using IAX2 to them too?
Did they upgrade to 1.2.4 as well?

I am running SVN trunk with IAX2 and SIP and have *zero* issues.

-A.