[Asterisk-Users] Voice mail not working with Asteriks 1.2.5

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Tue Mar 21 07:53:47 MST 2006

Hi,

Check your context you need to specify voicemail as user at context
(context seems to have been more tightly enforced since version 1.2 came
out). Below is an example of one of the macro I use for extensions...

[macro-stdexten]
exten => s,1,Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=automon)
exten => s,2,Dial(${ARG2},20,Ttw)
exten => s,3,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1}@default)
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Playback(thank-you-for-calling&goodbye)
exten => s-NOANSWER,3,Hangup
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1}@default)
exten => s-BUSY,2,Playback(thank-you-for-calling&goodbye)
exten => s-BUSY,3,Hangup
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1}@default)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,Playback(thank-you-for-calling&goodbye)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,3,Hangup
exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)

Hope this helps

Thanks