[Asterisk-Users] How to make extension groups ???

Faisal Inam mfaisalinam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 02:50:42 MST 2006

Hello All,

  i am repeating this question for the sixth time but i think i was not explaining the problem correctly.  ............. Now i will try to explain it......

  I have 4 telephone lines(PSTN) in my PBX.

  Now I want to make groups of the extensions to use that lines.

  e.g.
  extensions 12,13 & 31 are in groupA
  extensions 14 - 20 are in groupB
  extensions  21 - 30 are in groupC

  groupA has access on lines 2,3,4  (Try line 2, if busy try line 3 ,if busy try line 4)
  groupB has access on lines 3,4     (Try line 3 ,if busy try line 4)
  groupC has access on line 4 only. (Try line 4 only, and if busy give busy tone)

  Line 1 is reserved for one extension only. i.e. 11

  I will be grateful for an early and complete response.

  Thanks a lot

  Faisal