[Asterisk-Users] Experiences with ATA model Octtel SP200SO

Norbert Kamenicky noro at xmedia.sk
Mon Mar 20 12:57:55 MST 2006

Hi,

I took a piece of Octtel SP200SO (SIP, FXS, FXO, LAN, WAN, QoS ...) from
local distributor for testing.

First surprise came, when I opened it ... no documentation was included,
the second, when I learned, there is no relevant doc on company web too!

Nevertheless in the rest I configured it (with partial success) ...

- both ports (FXS+FXO) registers to asterisk (type=friend)

- call from any SIP phone to the analog phone connected to FXS and vice
  versa is possible

- call from any SIP phone (or FXS) to PSTN (via FXO) is possible, but
  callee sound volume is insufficient (although ATA's "speaking
  volume" is on maximum)

- incoming call to FXO port is NOT forwarded to asterisk (no one packet
  arrives) although it is registered as "friend", but after circa 4-th
  ring FXS phone starts to ring. If I pick it up, call establishes
  randomly (mostly not)

Is there somebody with positive experience using this ATA ?

noro