[Asterisk-Users] pickup problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Mar 20 08:06:20 MST 2006

erkan kolemen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can pickup a call from a specific number:
>
> exten => _8XXX, 1, Pickup(${EXTEN:1})
>
> But i couldnt pickup calls coming from PSTN to local extensions.

I'm using a dialplan entry like yours:
  exten => _*9XXXX,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})
and just tested it. Working fine using svn trunk as of yesterday.

> Another question is it possible to pickup the last calling number
> without any exten.

Not sure what you're asking. Your example above is "directed call
pickup", but there is also a more generic call pickup using
'callgroup=2' and 'pickupgroup=2' in your sip definitions. That approach
uses *8 or *8# to pickup any ringing phone within the callgroup number
(eg, 2 in this example).