[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users Mailing List Traffic

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sun Mar 19 15:49:25 MST 2006

> Actually, for something like Asterisk, that has so many different
> aspects, a Forum would be a much better idea. Then, each piece of
> hardware can have its own category, along with an FAQ.

Please no. A forum might be okay if you have a nice fast web connection
and/or a bit of patience, and if you only subscribe to the one list.

I subscribe to quite a few lists these days and the mere thought of
having to go and visit a web site for each one to read them almost
brings tears to my eyes :)

That being said, a mailing list with a forum interface (or a forum with
a mailing list option) might be a reasonable compromise as it should
meet the needs of both mailing list lovers and forum lovers (assuming it
is implemented properly!)

James