[Asterisk-Users] Problem w/ Dial Command on Zap channel

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:40:42 MST 2006

I'm running Asterisk 1.2 on RedHat 9.0 and found he following problem with
the Dial command when used on a Zap channel:

When I have this in my dial plan everything works fine:
   exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/4/${EXTEN:1})

However I'd like to include the 't' option, but when I do either of the
following:
   exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/4/${EXTEN:1},,t)
or
   exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/4/${EXTEN:1},30,t)

it doesn't work.  The output from CLI is shown below:
    -- Called 4/7451576
    -- Zap/4-1 answered Zap/1-1
    -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/1-1 and Zap/4-1

It looks OK, but I cannot hear anything.  Only the firs Dial command seems
to work.

Anyone else run into this?  Is there a work around?

Thanks,
Hugh