[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users Mailing List Traffic

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Mar 19 13:07:01 MST 2006

On 19 Mar 2006, at 17:47, Ira wrote:

> At 07:50 AM 03/19/2006, you wrote:
>> Actually, for something like Asterisk, that has so many different
>> aspects, a Forum would be a much better idea. Then, each piece of
>> hardware can have its own category, along with an FAQ.
>
> There's lots of Asterisk forums out there already, but weirdly
> enough all the really good information is in the mailing list.
> Funny how that seems to be a consistent pattern in the world.

Whether or not a forum is a better idea isn't really depending on the
subject matter IMHO. Its success or failure depends on what the
prospective participants like better. I personally cannot stand
forums. That's a place where I have to expend energy to go there and
manually click through stuff. If I remember to go there and say up to
date, that is. Email comes to me, and is sorted suitably on the
server side so there is no clutter. Deleting messages I don't care
about is much easier than clicking myself through some thread on a
forum.

jens