[Asterisk-Users] An FXO version of IAXy?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Mar 19 00:49:59 MST 2006

On Mar 18, 2006, at 11:31 PM, Steve Murphy wrote:

> Hello--
>
> In the interest of Symmetry, does anyone else in the world see any need
> for a device like the IAXy (or the SIP ones from other manufacturers,
> like the ATA186), but one that presents an FXO interface instead, so it
> can be connected not to phones, but the PSTN?

Yes!  I think a 1 port FXO and/or 2 port FXO/FXS IAXy would be a great
addition.  I have been in search of a device like this for about 4
months now,  and neither of the devices I have tried (HT-488 and
Wellgate 3701a) have really been particularly well thought out
(UNDERSTATEMENT).

I think for the SOHO market and also for people who are just learning
about asterisk, such an item would be a great addition to digiums
Product portfolio.  I certainly would love to support Digium by buying
such an item.

Marty