[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users Mailing List Traffic

Matt Bruce lists at jumile.me.uk
Sat Mar 18 17:11:54 MST 2006

Hi all,

First post, etc, etc. :)

Robert La Ferla wrote:

> Perhaps, we could split the list into two:

As the list uses Mailman, it is possible to specify topics on the
subject prefix and then set your Mailman preferences to select which
topics you like.

The admin could, for a simple example, have "NEWBIES:", "SOFTWARE:",
"HARDWARE:", "UBERGEEK:", "PHONES:" and "MISC:" topics and then set the
preferences to require a topic (invalid/missing topic = bounce). Then
people can pick the topics they like and Robert's your mother's brother.

It's just an idea I have from another Mailman-based list I'm on where
it's worked very well for years.

This is of course ignoring the fact there are numerous Asterisk lists on
this server already. :)

Cheers,
Matt

While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own
form of misery.