[Asterisk-Users] Realtime SIP users/peers - Screwed?

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sat Mar 18 12:21:20 MST 2006

Oh heck. It really looks like realtime has been seriously screwed up.

When a call comes in to Asterisk, I can see asterisk executing these queries.
SELECT * FROM ast_sip_peers WHERE host = '2XX.YYY.142.205'
SELECT * FROM ast_sip_peers WHERE name = '2944093'
SELECT * FROM ast_sip_peers WHERE name = '2944093'

So, the first thing it does is check and see if there are any records in sip_peers where the IP address of the message matches. What happens if this user may make calls from multiple IP addresses? Will I need one entry for each IP address that calls may come from? Will this even work? Would I be so frustrated if this stuff was documented somewhere?