[Asterisk-Users] Realtime SIP users/peers

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sat Mar 18 11:54:42 MST 2006

Just spent hours dicking around with SIP Realtime.

Every time a phone came up and sent a registration to Asterisk, Asterisk would simply NOT query the database. I had sipusers in extconfig, but added sippeers as well. NOW I can see Asterisk doing a 'SELECT * FROM sippeers WHERE name = '2944093''.

Huh??? Uhm, why? It's not a peer! It's a bloody phone, and in my mind should be a user or a friend! It should be looking in sippeers! How does it decide which table to use?

Has anyone made sense of this mess?

Doug.