[Asterisk-Users] List of transcoding combinations

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Sat Mar 18 08:12:21 MST 2006

Is there a list or matrix somewhere that shows what codec can be
transcoded? I am playing with different allowed codecs between my
asterisk box and some of my providers testing voice quality and
bandwidth usage on my cable connection, and I occassionally run into an
issue where asterisk cannot convert between two codecs. For instance
G.723 and ULAW will not work together through asterisk.

Would like to have a matrix of some sort where I know ahead of time what
combinations I can and cannot use.

Thanks