[Asterisk-Users] gsm picocells

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Fri Mar 17 22:16:10 MST 2006

Justin Moore wrote:

>On 3/17/06, James Harper <james.harper at bendigoit.com.au> wrote:
>

>>Care to give me any more clues? Google only wants to tell me about
>>articles about the use of picocells in aircraft and how much better the
>>world will be when it happens :) Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms.
>>

>>>They will all tie in to Asterisk with a T1/E1 card.
>>>

>If I understand what you're looking for, this should be of some assistance:
>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Connecting+to+the+Cellular+Network

I believe the OP wants to use GSM handsets as extensions, like running
your own localized GSM network. That's not the same as using a GSM
terminal to connect Asterisk to the cellular network.

IP Access makes such products.
http://www.ipaccess.com/products/nanoBTS.htm

But, I don't think it works for CDMA, only GSM.

Leo