[Asterisk-Users] Re: DUNDi .... Halfway and CLUSTERING

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 13:53:26 MST 2006

On 3/17/06, Watkins, Bradley <Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com> wrote:
> Do you mean the peristence of connecting a specific phone to a specific
> server?  If so, then it's relatively easy.  The ldirectord has a persistence
> setting that does that.  If I'm misunderstanding you, then could you explain
> further what you mean?

Have a look at this doc from the developers of LVS...

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services_that_dont_work_yet.html

This has been discussed a few times in the SER list. The issue is
specific to UDP which includes the majority of SIP endpoints.
Currently LVS does not always send reply packets from the addresses
that they were received on. This breaks SIP dialog.

If you have found a way around this, that would be great. Please let me know.

David