[Asterisk-Users] Newbie needs audio help

Joe Kletch joe at mulehill.com
Fri Mar 17 11:02:51 MST 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 4:48 PM, Joe Kletch wrote:

> My first Asterisk install: Debian sarge with the 2.6 kernel, and
> two X-Lite soft-phones. I followed the online how-to documents and
> was calling between the two soft-phones and calling the demo system
> with no problems and had full audio. I then went on to configure
> the TDM400P's two FXS modules. I got into that a ways and was
> having some success, but no dial-tone when I was off the project
> for a week.
>
> Back on the project today and tested baseline by calling ext. 1000
> and now I have no sound from the demo extension voice prompts or
> music on hold. I can still call and talk between the two soft-phones.
>
> When I call Extension 1000 the console reports it is playing the
> 'demo-congrats' audio:
>
> -- Executing Goto("SIP/xlite-7fe7", "default|s|1") in new stack
>     -- Goto (default,s,1)
>     -- Executing Wait("SIP/xlite-7fe7", "1") in new stack
>     -- Executing Answer("SIP/xlite-7fe7", "") in new stack
>     -- Executing Set("SIP/xlite-7fe7", "TIMEOUT(digit)=5") in new
> stack
>     -- Digit timeout set to 5
>     -- Executing Set("SIP/xlite-7fe7", "TIMEOUT(response)=10") in
> new stack
>     -- Response timeout set to 10
>     -- Executing BackGround("SIP/xlite-7fe7", "demo-congrats") in
> new stack
>     -- Playing 'demo-congrats' (language 'en')
>
> If I press # it reports it is playing 'demo-thanks':
>
>   == CDR updated on SIP/xlite-776c
>     -- Executing Playback("SIP/xlite-776c", "demo-thanks") in new
> stack
>     -- Playing 'demo-thanks' (language 'en')
>
> I have since recreated all of the sample files and only modified
> sip.conf and extensions.conf for these two soft-phone, using the
> settings that previously worked. And I can call and talk between
> the two extensions, but no audio form the Asterisk server.
>
> Seems I may have messed something up when working on the FXS cards,
> but I am at loss where to look next. This is now as close to base
> install as I can get with reinstalling everything. Asterisk -
> vvvvvvvvvc starts up with no errors related to audio modules.

Issue resolved (paid support). The TE110P and TDM400P cards were not
fully configured causing a timing problem. Unloading the modules
fixed the problem, then with a proper configuration of the cards all
is working. I knew I caused the problem, but was too blind to see how
to fix it:)

Thanks for listening and I am looking forward to loosing the newbie
status.

Joe Kletch