[Asterisk-Users] Aastra Questions

Bob McDowell bmcdowell at federalprotection.com
Fri Mar 17 10:37:43 MST 2006

I have one 9133i in a test environment and prefer it to the Polycom 301.
I find the 9133i very similar to the Norstar sets we will be replacing.
This is especially true in the way it presents lines.  I have a hard
time explaining it, but in the Aastra/Norstar world when you need
another line, it just sort of gives one to you.  No need for additional
extensions.  The Polycom had the same functionality, but did not offer a
button to use it.  Likewise the Polycom's line buttons are distinct
lines, not virtual representations of the same line.

As far as quality and stability, I find the two models to be roughly the
same.  Once properly configured, neither model produces anything I can
complain about.  I may however have more to report after we do our
roll-out.

Bob McDowell