[Asterisk-Users] D4 AMI - No Caller ID

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 09:08:14 MST 2006

Hello,

Been there, not fun, just got rid of my last D4/AMI T1 last month.

Are you receiving **DNIS* from your telco, or *1234567890*DNIS*?
Is that what you mean by not receiving any CallerID?

With RBS(Ribbed Bit Signalling) sending digits is the only way to send
callerID, and no name is sent with it, and it does not set the
Asterisk $CALLERID variable. You will have to axtract it from the
extension and set it in your dialplan to get the $CALLERID variable to
be set.

MATT---