[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and PacketCable

Carlos Alberto Bernat Orozco cabo81 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 08:16:59 MST 2006

Hi group!

I'm very interested on VoIP and trying to make some tests with 2 eMTA
motorola (SBV5120) but with the PackectCable architecture I need a
softswitch. My question is:  is Asterisk and PacketCable compatible? If they
are...., how can I configure it to act as a Call Management Server into my
LAN?

Which I have read from this mailing list is Asterisk with SIP but I believe
that Asterisk can work with MGCP wich is a variant for PacketCable. Am I
wrong?

Thanks for any guidance...

Carlos Bernat