[Asterisk-Users] Question about advanced IVR

Bob McDowell bmcdowell at federalprotection.com
Fri Mar 17 07:53:24 MST 2006

There are some good examples of IVR on the wiki (insert prepared
response to comment about the availability of said wiki)...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+ivr+menu

The wiki also says you can use 'ControlPlayback' to satisfy parts of 3c.
Note I've never tried it...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+ControlPlaybac

To do random sounds one might consider music on hold.  Something could
probably be mocked up using a DTMF driven 'SetMusicOnHold' command.  I
don't know.  Music on hold would also satisfy your requirement of only
needing to update the files, and not the configuration.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+config+musiconhold
.conf

Hopefully these random thoughts will get you started.

Bob McDowell