[Asterisk-Users] Voice volume using Monitor application

Jeff Hoppe JHoppe at customerelation.com
Fri Mar 17 07:08:02 MST 2006

               When you say that you tweaked the volumes, is that
modifying the Asterisk code to call sox and soxmix or are you mixing
outside of Asterisk.  Also, I used Sox to increase the volume and then
Soxmix to mix the two audio files. Is there a way to just use soxmix to
increase the volume on one file (if there is I couldn't figure it out)?

FYI - I also tried to run soxmix and sox from the dialplan but it
wouldn't run all the time.  It depends on which party hung up first,
which you can't control

Thanks for the help
Jeff Hoppe

               On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:22:49PM -0600, Jeff Hoppe
spake thusly:
>             I am using the Monitor() application (with soxmix for
> combining the audios) and the voice connected to the phone network is
> recorded at a lower volume then the voice connected directory to the
Zap
> analog phone card.  How can I get both the audios to be at the same
> volume on recording?

I've noticed the same thing. For now, I've just tweaked the volumes with
soxmix, but it would be nice for that to be handled automatically, if
possible.