[Asterisk-Users] OT: Unblocking bloced CID

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Mar 17 05:57:20 MST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 22:56, Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
> Well, whether I SHOULD get it or not may be totally irrelevant to
> whether I CAN or DO get it. The caller ID info is most definitely there
> and it shows up in my CDR records. However, it is not displayed on the
> device because only the number is allowed on our PRI.

Real easy way to tell:  CLI> pri debug span 1

Then look at what you see coming in.  If you see the number, then Asterisk can
be configured to show it.  If you don't see it, Asterisk can't show you what
it doesn't have.

On my Bell Canada PRI I do not receive Caller*ID with a "blocked" presentation
for blocked numbers; I do not get any Caller*ID at all, sometimes with a
"blocked" presentation, and sometimes with a "clear" presentation.

-A.