[Asterisk-Users] Avaya IP Office 412

zgor zgor at int80h.net
Fri Mar 17 03:06:37 MST 2006

Hi Mark,

> Do you have the right cable?
>
> You need a cross-over T1 cable and NOT a cross-over ethernet cable
> that people commonly try. This should satify the electrical
> requirements and turn the lights green.

Yes, i build up my own cable with the schemas available on Net, but it
was not working, so , i build it again and now i have green light ! I
built bad before.

> You're on your own with the rest.

Then i setup zaptel.conf / ztcfg -vvv , then zapata.conf and ...
Finally, i have no problems with clock / signalling, im receiving calls
on my context then i can do what i want ... I have only tried 2 channels
but seems to work perfectly.
Only one spetial thing that looks strange: as soon as i put a call on
the avaya from the local extensions, the Avaya makes a call to extension
'' on Asterisk, then inmediately after, dials the right number, so in my
context i have waitExten( then i can process well the number.  May be is
not the good way but its working ...

> I do have a question however; why are you now speaking SIP to the IP
> Office? Did you not buy that extra server?

Im really newbie on PBX  and also, im not the maintainer of the Avaya,
they have an empy PRI port , so we link with Asterisk by E1/PRI ... I
dont know if they have the license/modules necesarry for talking by SIP
with Asterisk

Bye,

--
zgor