[Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HA andPolycomphone!!

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 00:11:38 MST 2006

On 17/03/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Sorry, can't do inline replies with web based Outlook.

Yeah - tell me about it. Why not get a Gmail account for doing mailing
lists - 2000% better that OWA.....

> Yes, I know... I'd say that if the phone wasn't available between the period the server went down, and the time it re-reregistered, then it's not a HA solution.
>
> I discussed with the people that make the decisions this evening, and having downtime like that is not an option.

Fair enough, they're the folks with the money. Our job to make sure
they understand what they're spending it on.

>You'd also have no reliable BLF functionality as the subscribe and
notify messages would be spread amongst multiple systems and just
plain wouldn't work.

Yes, I can see that would be a problem. Might be some work-around.

> Can you imagine what sort of traffic, say even 1000 phones re-registering every minute would be like? That's SEVENTEEN new registrations per second.

Yeah - sounds a lot, but only when you're watching a SIP debug. What
traffic do 1000 PCs produce against a Windows server? I wouldn't
discount it simply on that factor.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer