[Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HA and Polycomphone!!

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 23:50:55 MST 2006

On 17/03/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> How's DUNDi make this redundant? The way I understand it, a phone is only ever registered to a single Asterisk box at a time. If that Asterisk box where to fail, callers lose the ability to contact users that where registered on that box.

Assuming you're using regcontext/regexten, if a phone isn't found
locally then a DUNDi switch will allow it to be found elsewhere -
assuming it has re-registered. It will only be unavailable during the
re-registration interval.

You need to go and try this, not keep posting about how you think it
won't work. Then we can help you get it going.

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org
Tel: +44 1296 768003