[Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HA and Polycom phone!!

Nathan Bowyer nbowyer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:45:55 MST 2006

On 3/16/06, asterisk at anime.net <asterisk at anime.net> wrote:
> >   Q:  What the deal with the limit on the number of people you can monitor
> > for presence?
> >   A:  There is no limit in the phone.  This is an Asterisk limitation.
>
> BS. Polycom even stated it's a polycom limitation which will be fixed in
> the next firmware release (polycom is increasing the limit from 7 to 48 iirc).

Apparently, its actually a limit in the Asterisk Business Edition, and
to fully comply with their interop "policies" with Digium (one of
their partners), Polycom has also made this a limit in the phone's
hardware.  That's what I've heard from quite a few places, before this
thread popped up, anyway.