[Asterisk-Users] Small noise every 3 seconds

Alejandro Acosta alejandro.acosta at comsat.com.ve
Thu Mar 16 17:17:00 MST 2006

Hi all,
  Firsts of all, let me say that I'm new to asterisk. I have some time suscribed to the list reading a lot of your messages and trying to learn a lot.
  The case is: last week I installed an asterisk server in the following scenario:

PBX --- CISCO_ROUTER ---- ASTERISK

  The calls that are routed within the asterisk work perfect, there is not problem.
  However, the calls that are from Asterisk to the PBX (or viceversa) have a kind of noise every three seconds or so. I have tried different codecs without success and I don't know what else to try. In this moment I only count with the codecs g711ulaw and g711alaw in the router, I don't think bandwidth is a problem in this moment.

This is the output while a call is been used:

---- cut here ----
VoIP*CLI> sip show channels
Peer             User/ANR    Call ID      Seq (Tx/Rx)  Form  Hold     Last Message
X.Y.Z.K         2.          83E9477C-3A  00101/00101  ulaw  No       Rx: ACK
1 active SIP channels

---- cut here ----

And this is an small excerpt of my router:

--- cut here ---
dial-peer voice 11 voip
 application voip_asterisk
 destination-pattern 280.
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:X.Y.Z.K
 codec g711ulaw
 ip precedence 5

--- cut here ---

  Can any one point me what else can I try?, what would you do in my case?

Thanks a lot.

Alejandro,