[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Larry Linde linde at imageman.com
Thu Mar 16 15:58:01 MST 2006

YUP, this is the way that asterisk works. It is going to quelch all DTMF that goes out via a SIP gateway via asterisk.

I spent a long time working this through and it has to do with the way that asterisk deals with DTMF and the DSP.c module that
sits inband to the RTP/audio stream. There is a flag called DSP_DIGITMODE_NOQUELCH that is broken that might allow the inband
DTMF after answer to work on inband but its broke.

If you do not use asterisk as your gate/ to/from the PSTN you are going to have a issue with DTMF after connect. There are a couple
of kludges that can get it to work part of the time. But from my experiance DTMF is not handled correctly in asterisk if you use any
gateway other then asterisk.

IE: you use a cisco or TNT as your gateway to/from the PSTN via SIP and asterisk to talk to the 2500 type phones.

-larry

--
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0