[Asterisk-Users] Regcontext, only 1 context available?

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Thu Mar 16 15:10:08 MST 2006

Hi All,

I'm working with regcontext and sip users/peers.  In the wiki, the example shows you can put this parameter in the [sipuser] context, like so:

[general]
lots of general parameters

[sipuser]
regcontext=siptest
regexten=1234

Now this does not create the Noop exten priority 1 in the dial plan when the sip user registers.  Now if I put regcontext in the [general] section, the sip user registers and the Noop exten priority 1 does get entered into the dial plan:

[general]
regcontext=siptest

[sipuser]

The problem is I have many sip users registering that I need to be registered to different contexts in extension.conf, so it does me no good to have all the sip users register into 1 context just for a Noop exten priority 1 to be added into the dial plan.  I need each sip user to register into a discreet context that can be specified per sip user.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?

Thanks.

JR

JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses