[Asterisk-Users] module load order for Junghanns qozap and TDM card

Chris Earle (CBL) cearle at cbltech.ca
Thu Mar 16 08:09:44 MST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a junghanns QuadBRI to coexist in the same machine as a
Digium TDM400P card  (so I can run the ISDN lines in and bridge with analog
phones plugged into the TDM).

I'm having a problem loading the modules.  If I follow the BRIstuff
(0.3.0-pre-1l) install method.... it's to modprobe zaptel, then insmod
qozap.o
I'm on Debian 2.4.31.
That works.
But then I still need the Digium module. (modprobe wctdm)
I've tried a few different orders.  Sometimes I can get the digium to load,
and the qozap.
but then I get an error on the ztcfg about Span  invalid argument (could be
my zaptel.conf I realize...)

*If* I try loading the wctdm after the zaptel and qozap, the server freezes!
Some loop about qozap - dropped audio card....

I don't know if the quadBRI and the TDM are conflicting/sharing the zaptel
module, or if I need to modprobe zaptel before each of them? and in what
order?

Any suggestions appreciated... I haven't even got to figuring out what I can
do with chan_capi, just want to get the BRI card on and stuff.

Thanks for any ideas!

--
Chris Earle