[Asterisk-Users] RE: Echo Cancellation

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Thu Mar 16 00:48:24 MST 2006

On Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:49 PM Hagen Rode wrote:

> I've got exactly the same problem with echo, where the mic feeds into
> the speakers. I'm looking at purchasing the Tellabs 2572 64ms T1 echo
> cancellation card to see if it will help.

Are we still talking about people attending MeetMe conferences with laptops
but without headsets? If so:

Personally I doubt that a 64ms echo can will help you with this issue. I
have not yet measured this but am willing to bet that the echo produced by
such a speaker/mic setup will exceed 64 and even 128ms. Perhaps you might
want to record a test and have a look at the WAV file to at least get an
idea of how long the echo really is before you invest in any sort of echo
can hardware. You might very well find out that your only option are
headets.

Kind regards,
  JP